Attorneys Pursuing Justice After Birth Injuries
Expectant parents entrust both a mother’s health and her coming newborn baby’s welfare to an obstetrician’s skill during prenatal care, labor and delivery. Other medical professionals such as nurses, medical technicians, laboratory analysts, and in some cases anesthesiologists, typically play essential roles, too.
When something goes wrong and the outcome is an acquired birth defect such as cerebral palsy, parents are naturally devastated – and then determined to uncover the truth. What went wrong? Was the medical team responsible? How will the baby cope with disabilities?
At Chihak & Martel, our San Diego lawyers have years of experience advocating for babies and their parents. We can advise you on whether a birth injury claim is likely to get the results that your child needs.
We Are Trial Lawyers, Not Settlement Lawyers
Our law practice was built on the work ethic and determination of our founders. Attorney Cynthia Chihak has explained how we succeed in challenging medical malpractice cases, as follows:
- “[We] will resist all offers that do not provide clients with fair compensation.”
- “If [a settlement offer] is not reasonable, we have the experience and resources to try the case and we will.”
- “There is nothing like getting [a] verdict [that a client needs at trial]. That is winning.” (Excerpted from Attorney Journal, Volume 113, 2013).
Learn what it may take to win for your child who has suffered a birth injury such as:
- Cerebral palsy
- Erb’s palsy
- Shoulder dystocia
- Brachial plexus
Our investigation may discover that underlying causes included one or more of the following medical mistakes:
- Failure to diagnose and plan for risk factors such as an oversized fetus.
- Failure to monitor a baby’s welfare adequately during labor.
- Failure to perform a timely Cesarean section (C-section)
- Failure to apply maneuvers during delivery of a breeched baby.
If a doctor, nurse, technician or hospital crew made medical mistakes that led to your baby’s birth injury, we are ready to fight for your and your child’s right to compensation allowing for a lifetime of necessary therapy, personal care and special education accommodations
Request A Free Preliminary Case Analysis
We offer contingency fees for all medical malpractice clients. Attorney fees will be a portion of the final settlement or verdict.