AMY ROSE MARTEL joined the firm in 2008, and was made partner in 2016. She has been practicing civil litigation since 2003. She completed her bachelor degree at the University of Washington, in 1999. While at the University of Washington she was a member of the cross country and track team and was nominated team captain her senior year. Ms. Martel received her law degree from University of San Diego in 2003. During law school she was chair of the Pro Bono Legal Society and a member of the Mock Trial team.
Currently she is a member of the California State Bar, Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, San Diego County Bar Association, and Nevada State Bar Association. She has served on the Board of Directors of Traveler’s Aid Society since 2003, a private, non-profit agency that provides crisis and short-term assistance for food, shelter, and transportation as well as advice and resources for San Diegans in need. She served as Chair of the Board from 2007-2009. She is currently serving as President of the Board of Directors of Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, and has served as Secretary, Treasurer, and President Elect. She is an avid bike rider and runner. In 2009 she completed a 500 mile bike ride from San Francisco, CA to Malibu, CA.
Ms. Martel is licensed to practice law in the state of California and the state of Nevada . She actively represents the victims of personal injury and medical malpractice. She was named to San Diego's Business Journal's Best of the Bar, and as a Super Lawyer from 2015 to the present. In 2018 she received an Outstanding Trial Lawyer award from Consumer Attorneys of San Diego for her work in Katie Hunt v. Steven Drosman, M.D.
Areas Of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
- Honors: Chair, The Pro Bono Legal Society
- Honors: Member, Mock Trial Team
- University of Washington
- Honors: Member, The Cross Country and Track Team
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California State Bar, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, Board of Directors, 2014 – Present, Secretary 2017, Treasurer 2018, President Elect 2019; President 2020
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member
- Nevada State Bar Association, Member
- Traveler’s Aid Society, Board of Directors, 2003 to Present
- American Inns of Court, J. Clifford Wallace, Master
- Named one of San Diego’s Top Attorneys by Super Lawyer Magazine, 2015 to Present
- San Diego Business Journal’s Best of the Bar, 2015 to Present
- Named one of the Top 25 Female Attorneys in San Diego by Super Lawyers Magazine 2018
- Awarded Outstanding Trial Lawyer by Consumer Attorneys of San Diego 2018